The ‘Discounts and Special Offers for Emiratis in the Private Sector’ Programme
About the programme
Under the guidance of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, the Absher Initiative was launched to promote the participation of Emiratis in the labour market and to fulfil the strategic pillar of creating job opportunities for them. The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs directed that a programme be prepared, overseen by the Ministry of Presidential Affairs, to be implemented in collaboration with both the public and private sectors. Its aim is to provide special offers and exclusive benefits to Emiratis working in the private sector. This will help to accelerate the recruitment of Emiratis to work in the private sector by contributing to the reduction of the gap in salaries and benefits between the public and private sectors.
The first phase of the Programme attracted a wide range of private organisations and governmental entities to participate. So far, 16 (sixteen) Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) have been signed, to provide discounts and special offers for Emiratis on fuel, accommodation, travel, insurance and many other areas, with effect from January 1, 2013.
To learn more about the offers, please click here
To apply for the Programme, please contact the Ministry of Labour.
Accelerate the pace of Emiratisation and motivate Emiratis to join the private sector by offering attractive incentives to those Emiratis working in this sector.
Encourage private companies to play a greater role in community service programmes.
Improve the capacity of the private sector to not only attract but also retain Emirati employees, through collaborations between the parties in the private sector and enhancing their competitiveness in attracting Emiratis.
In the first phase, all Emiratis working in the private sector and registered with the Ministry of Labour benefit from this Programme. In the second phase, participation will expand to all Emiratis working in the private sector and registered with the different parties in the labour market, in line with the approved plan.
To benefit from this Programme, the applicant must:
- Be a UAE citizen
- Have a labour card issued by the Ministry of Labour
- Have spent at least six (6) consecutive months in a private sector organisation, calculated from the Labour Card’s date of issue.
- Be registered in the General Authority for Pensions and Social Security or the Abu Dhabi Retirement Pension and Benefits Fund
- Have had his or her salary transferred to the Wages Protection System (WPS) for the last three (3) months
- Have supporting documentation that matches the registration form and can be submitted electronically.
Complete the form on the Ministry of Labour website and submit it electronically, as follows:
- Select ‘Absher Initiative’
- Select ‘Emiratis working in the private sector’
- Select ‘Register in the Programme’
- Enter your card number
- Enter your labour card number
- Complete the form and attach the required documents
- Read the terms and conditions and click ‘OK’
- Click ‘Send’
- If all the requirements are met, you will be notified and the card will be delivered to you. You will be asked to provide personal identification.
- If any condition is not met, the application is temporarily put on hold while you are notified of the requirements that are still outstanding, or informed that you do not meet the requirements.
- For more details about the Discounts and Special Offers for Emiratis in the Private Sector Programme, please refer to the Programme Policy.